Thank you for choosing Manager as your direct-to-consumer system. We hope youʼll find it a flexible, reliable solution to your club management needs.
This Userʼs Guide is designed to help you get the most from Λctiv8 Manager in two ways:
- From within the application, you can press F1 at any time, and use the Help viewerʼs Contents and Index tabs to get help on a specific topic quickly. The individual topics provide step-by-step instructions as well as brief explanations to help you understand what youʼre doing and why.
- Those who prefer to read and explore in more depth may use the table of contents and the navigation buttons to browse all the topics in order, like a traditional printed manual.
Users who are more comfortable with an audio-visual presentation may prefer to learn from the video tutorials.
All new users should review the topics on System Basics, especially Logging in and out and Menus and tools. From there, where to look next may depend on whether youʼre more technically, practically, or visually minded; for example:
- Understanding the Database explains the data list windows around which Manager is organized, and how to search for, view, and edit data records.
- The information at Using the Job Queue is important for those who wish to get the most from the system.
- Managing Your Club covers the basics of planning and starting a club, and the step-by-step details of managing a club release.
Important note: Λctiv8 Manager is a modern, state-of-the-art database management application. Because it is powerful and flexible, it may be more complex than software youʼre used to, and it will take time and effort to learn in depth. Reading the User's Guide carefully, watching the video tutorials, and completing the Λctiv8 training curriculum are the only way to learn to use Manager effectively, and to get the most benefit from its advanced features.
Using the online Help system
You can display the Userʼs Guide in a number of ways:
- From within Λctiv8 Manager, press the Help key (F1) or click the Help button youʼll find in most of the applicationʼs dialog boxes.
- To open the guide and browse it from the beginning, choose Contents and Index from Managerʼs Help menu, or choose Active Club Manager : Active Club Manager Help from the Windows Start menu.
The Windows Help viewer window will open with the size and position it had when you last closed it. The Help viewerʼs navigation pane provides several features to make it easier to locate and return to the topics you need. To open it, click Show at the top of the viewer window.
- The Contents tab displays the guideʼs contents in logical order, by topic.
- The Index tab displays an alphabetical list of available topics. Double-click an item to display the associated Help topic, or a list of related topics.
- The Search tab lets you search the entire guide for a particular keyword. To search for a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks (e.g., "To send a credit memo").
- You can save frequently viewed topics and return to them quickly by adding them to the Favorites tab.
Within each topic, you can navigate to related topics and further information by clicking the blue hyperlinks on the page. The navigation arrows at the top and bottom will take you to the next or previous topic at the same level; you can always find your current location in the table of contents by clicking Locate. To retrace your steps through the history of topics youʼve already viewed, use the Back and Forward buttons.
Tip: On many systems, mouse buttons 4 and 5 also act as Back and Forward buttons.
Throughout the guide, youʼll see lines of text marked with a small red arrow: These denote hidden sections you can click to display further information or details (click anywhere in the expanded section to hide it again):
To change the size of the Help viewer text, click Font. To return to this start page at any time, click Home.
Information in this guide is kept as current as possible. Features of the software, however, are subject to change without notice. For further details, contact Λctiv8 support:
- By telephone: 925-248-4190
(toll-free:) 877-441-2582 (877-441-CLUB)
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org